Germany and other European nations have stronger union protections than does the U.S., and labor believes the trade talks could pressure U.S. officials into strengthening U.S. laws.
“People in labor see this as an opportunity, not as a threat,” said George Kohl, a senior director at the Communications Workers of America (CWA). more> http://tinyurl.com/byayq73
- EU and US free-trade talks launched, BBC
- Prospect of US-EU trade accord makes Swiss fret, Urs Geiser, swissinfo.ch
- Will U.S.-EU trade talks put Canada on the backburner? Julian Beltrame, macleans.ca
- Everything on the table in US-EU trade talks: US, AFP, france24.com
- EU-US Trade Talks : Southern European States Put on the Brakes, Gregor Peter Schmitz, spiegel.de