By David Lazarus – One of the most striking take-aways from this week’s U.S. Supreme Court hearings on the healthcare reform law was the steadfast insistence on the part of Republicans to deny affordable and accessible medical treatment to as many people as possible.
The party is determined to maintain the status quo of healthcare being a privilege and not a right — putting us at odds with just about every other developed nation on the planet and, not coincidentally, resulting in about 50 million people being uninsured.
- Updates from Congressman Kevin Brady
- The Supreme Court and the GOP’s Healthcare Hypocrisy (usnews.com)
- Supreme Court likely to vote on health care law Friday, Richard Wolf, USATODAY.com
- Supreme Court again looks primed to confound a president, David G. Savage, latimes.com
- The Supreme Court will decide on the health-care law soon. It will tell you later., Robert Barnes, latimes.com
- If Supreme Court scraps health-care law, who wins politically? Linda Feldmann, CSMonitor.com
- Analysis: Obama could see silver lining if healthcare law rejected, Patricia Zengerle, Reuters
- After Supreme Court’s healthcare hearings, experts rate arguments, Carol J. Williams, latimes.com
- Law professor discusses Supreme Court’s healthcare hearings, Elizabeth Price Foley, [VIDEO 8:50] Florida International University
- Dems fume over Justice Scalia’s comments during healthcare case, Alexander Bolton, Hill