DigInfo TV – Developed by Hitachi Kokusai Electric, the system can automatically detect a face from either surveillance footage or a regular photo, and search for it. This surveillance camera system can search through data on 36 million faces in one second.
With this system, it’s assumed that faces are turning within around 30 degrees in the horizontal and vertical directions from the camera, and the faces are at least 40 x 40 pixels in size. more> http://is.gd/PULgk3
- Surveillance camera touts 1 second 36 million face matching (slashgear.com)
- Surveillance System Can Recognize a Face From 36 Million Others in One Second [VIDEO] (mashable.com)
- New Japanese Facial Recognition Software Is Powerful, Scary (webpronews.com)
- Nutter Administration Looking To Expand Surveillance Camera Program (philadelphia.cbslocal.com)
- Security camera scans 36 million faces a second, John Roach, msnbc.com