By Seth Borenstein – It’s one thing to make an object invisible, like Harry Potter’s mythical cloak. But scientists have made an entire event impossible to see. They have invented a time masker.
The scientists created a lens of not just light, but time. Their method splits light, speeding up one part of light and slowing down another. It creates a gap and that gap is where an event is masked.
“You kind of create a hole in time where an event takes place,” said study co-author Alexander Gaeta, director of Cornell‘s School of Applied and Engineering Physics. “You just don’t know that anything ever happened.” more> http://is.gd/ILe9RK
- Scientists figure out how to “cloak” time (cbsnews.com)
- Pentagon-backed ‘time cloak’ stops the clock (vancouversun.com)
- Not Actually a Time Cloak of the Day (geeks.thedailywh.at)
- imabonehead: Now you see it, now you don’t: Time cloak created – Yahoo! News (news.yahoo.com)
- Scientists’ new time masker creates invisibility – San Francisco Chronicle (sfgate.com)
- Now You See it, Now You don’t: Time Cloak Created (usnews.com)