By Brendan Sasso – Reps. Joe Barton (R-Texas) and Edward Markey (D-Mass.) urged the Federal Trade Commission on Tuesday to investigate “supercookies.”
The Wall Street Journal first reported last month that websites including MSN and Hulu were installing tools on users’ computers that continued to track their activities online even after traditional tracking files, known as “cookies,” were deleted.
In their letter to FTC Chairman Jon Leibowitz, the lawmakers called supercookies “unacceptable.” more> http://tinyurl.com/6etxbrg
- Congressmen blast “supercookies” as privacy menace (arstechnica.com)
- FTC Should Investigate Online Tracking Technology, Lawmakers Say (businessweek.com)
- Lawmakers want investigation of supercookies (networkworld.com)
- Lawmakers want investigation of supercookies (infoworld.com)
- Lawmakers Want Investigation of Supercookies (pcworld.com)